& Offshore Financial Centres
Corporate tax optimisation structures using offshore vehicles are the subject of increased public scrutiny in recent years. Even for publicly listed companies, what was considered astute tax planning not long ago has become quite a contentious topic.
Ominously, in transparent offshore structures are also increasingly popular with sophisticated criminals to launder illicit money. Complex offshore structures facilitate hiding beneficial ownership of corporations and make it very difficult for banks to establish and monitor their KYC requirements. What are the key risks of these structures and would you recognise ML Red Flags?
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the role of OFCs in international tax optimization schemes
- Explain the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion and debate the ethical dimension of tax optimization structures
- Explain which type of offshore jurisdictions are best avoided
- Assess the AML risk profile of offshore jurisdictions
- Identify specific OFC related AML Red Flags
- Advise clients regarding risks with respect to cross-border financial crime
- Key OFC features
- Why OFCs may be vulnerable for abuse by criminals to hide money
- UBO complexities associated with OFCs
- OFC Typologies and AML red flags
LMS platform & services
i-KYC’s e-learning courses are produced applying the industry standard SCORM 1.2 programming protocol. You may choose to have them delivered to you electronically, ready for uploading to your hosting platform. In case you need a hosting platform or wish to reduce the burden on your HR and IT organisations, i-KYC can support you in the roll-out with our low cost, state-of-the-art Learning Management Solution.
i-KYC offers a comprehensive cloud-based Learning Management Platform with the following essential features:
- Exclusive LMS Platform with own ‘Look & Feel’
- LMS administration and support services
- Hosting of multiple e-learnings (including 3rd party providers)
- Administer other training methods (e.g. classroom training, assessments)
- Scalability, flexibility and operational efficiency
- Monitoring and analytical capabilities
Benefits of the LMS Services
Rapid and no-hassle deployment of your complete learning programme using a dedicated single point of contact.
Create your exclusive Learning Management Platform with company logos and own Look & Feel.
Combine multiple courses in logical groupings to create personalized learning paths for your valued learners to engage.
Add content from various learning service providers (provided courses are SCORM compatible).
Review performance and gain insight into training impact with reports and dashboards, or create custom reports delivered via email.
Instant evidence to internal and external stakeholders of compliance with training-related regulatory obligations.
Special: Audit reporting package for
Management, Local Regulators and Correspondent Bank relations:
- Evidence of course completion of users including Knowledge Check scores & time stamp
- Document with e-learning content (slides) plus list of questions of the knowledge checks
i-KYC’s LMS administration and support services include:
- administration of unique user accounts
- grouping by Teams/Departments;
uploading and installation of e-learning programmes
- roll out of e-learning courses to the target group (invitation to attend)
- administration of classroom trainings
- data collection and progress monitoring
- due date follow-up
- periodic management reporting